Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BOOKS!

So, my new and favorite discovery of the week thus far is that my new family has books! We're not talking a few, religion-oriented books, as seems to be common here, but instead an entire bookshelf with lots and lots of books!

My host brother showing me the books, which reside on a shelf on the back patio:




With all the classics, ranging from 1000 Leagues Under the Sea to Lord Jim to Little Women (in Spanish of course)...oh, and some Latin American authors as well, naturally including several by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Colombia's most famous author...well, I'm happy as a clam. Or as they say here, feliz como un ombris (happy as a worm). Who are probably very happy here during the rainy season, although during the summer I couldn't say.

Since books make me happier than almost anything in the world apart from delicious homemade food, which I am also getting here...well, I'm just about skipping right now. Wooot for books!

No comments:

Post a Comment