I wrote a GoGirl post about some aspects of re-adjusting.
http://www.travelgogirl.com/
Just to set the background, I've been back in the US for two weeks now, and had been planning on putting something together to close this blog out, but I'm going to delay it a bit by promising some updates on my South American travels. They were prettttty amazing.
In other news, this is the first time I've updated this blog in the US. I'm sitting in a wool sweater and coat in my parents' house in Texas, because if I'm wearing fewer than three winter layers I'm chilly. No, there's no polar vortex hitting us.
Anyway, let's suffice it to say that my current life is lots less adventure-blog-worthy. I spent nine hours today sitting on my butt in a cubicle at my interesting if pedestrian job as an analyst in a healthcare institution.
In the coming weeks, I may do some recipe posting, and try and wrap up some other loose ends. 'Cause in many ways, it's hard to let go. In other ways...well, let me just say that the carpet I'm currently sitting on? It's pretty fantastic.
Hi and welcome back stateside! I will be traveling to Colombia this August for a friend's wedding and was hoping to do some volunteering for two or three days in the coffee region. Do you know of any organizations or other peace corps volunteers in that area that could use some help? I've been to Bogota twice and loved it but I am excited to discover a new part of the country. I found your blog while trying to look up potential volunteer opportunities. Stay warm. Thanks! Neetu
ReplyDelete