In the Peace Corps, we have three "official goals."
1) Our primary project - in my case, teaching.
2) Our secondary projects - an integration of our work into our communities, like English classes for the school district (see future post), school cleanups (see past post), and more.
3) Cultural exchanges, etc.
Recently, I was offered the opportunity to contribute to an awesome online publication about my experiences here; this, you might say, is part of my third goal, and hence I am shamelessly plugging it: my new monthly colomn in "GoGirl," a story-based travel magazine blog written by and for women all around the globe.
Though perhaps reminiscent of some of the posts I have here, it's pretty exciting that a) it's public, and b) it's part of an awesome blog compilation of travel stories...so I'd love if you checked it out!
http://www.travelgogirl.com/2012/03/barranquillas-carnaval-to-live-it-is-to-enjoy-it/
Good job with the article Emily!
ReplyDelete